Sunday, November 09, 2008

Britney Scores 19th Top 10

Britney Spears scores her 19th top 10 in the UK today with her comeback single, "Womanizer" which debuts at #4. Here are her previous chartings:

1. Baby One More Time (#1, 21/02/99, 2 weeks)
2. Sometimes (#3)
3. Crazy (#5)
4. Born To Make You Happy (#1, 23/01/00, 1 week)
5. Oops! I Did It Again (#1, 07/05/00, 1 week)
6. Lucky (#5)
7. Stringer (#7)
8. I'm a Slave 4 U (#4)
9. Overprotected (#4)
10. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman (#2)
11. Boys (Featuring Pharell William; #2)
12. Me Against the Music (Featuring Madonna; #2)
13. Toxic (#1, 07/03/04, 1 week)
14. Everytime (#1, 20/06/04, 1 week)
15. My Prerogative (#3)
16. Do Somethin' (#6)
17. Gimme More (#3)
18. Piece of Me (#2)
19. Womanizer

6 comments:

ww_adh said...

Hey J--You missed two, the greatest hits singles: My Prerogative (#3) and Do Something (#6). Not that I miss them--they are probably my least favorite of her catalogue. Did you get this from Wikipedia? Looks like they've transposed the UK and Canada chart placings for Prerogative, Do Something and Gimme More.

J.Mensah said...

OMG! thank you so much!!! and yeah! lol, I noticed the "Single Discography" was messed up, but didn't realize the sections were switched around, thank you!

BaseMagazine said...

It's a little sad she has more #1's in the U.K than in the U.S

J.Mensah said...

I know right? It's wonder how oops!, crazy, toxic and the rest didn't get to #1

ww_adh said...

If the U.S. music market in 2000-2004 was like it is today--availability of downloads having created a resurgent singles market--then I imagine "Oops" and "Toxic" would have hit #1. They both topped the top 40 airplay chart, but top 40 wasn't (and still isn't) as big as R&B. Since airplay really dominated the chart during those years, most all the big hits were R&B. CD singles weren't really available anymore and downloads hadn't yet taken off.

J.Mensah said...

Oh yeah!, I read about that on ur blog once! it's a shame... but i do love my r&b so I have nothing to say realy lol