Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New music I'm listening to

Use Somebody - Kings of Leon. Following up their smash hit, "Sex on Fire" is Kings Of Leon with their second single, "Use Somebody" from their fourth album, Only By the Night. It's a brilliant alternative piece. Just slightly better than, "Sex on Fire --acquiring a bit more depth and produced by Angelo Petraglia, Jacquire King. Another winner for Kings of Leon, I should really look into checking out their album and maybe past ones too.



Spaceman - The Killers. Alternative group, The Killers' I'm definitely going to look into more next year. I liked their album, Hot Fuss but I never gave it anymore than a couple listens. "Spaceman," is the second single from their latest offering, Day & Age--the single follows up, "Human" and kinda uses the same blueprint and burst-of-melody formula in the chorus. love it.



I Will Be - Leona Lewis. After the upbeat, "Forgive Me" Leona Lewis returns to her typical balladry. Originally recorded by Avril Lavigne, "I Will Be" is a beautiful ballad, Lewis gives a stunning performance. Just flawless.



Mrs. Officer - Lil' Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino. Produced by Deezle Lil' Wayne's new single, "Mrs. Officer" dials a more R&Bish composition. Probably the furthest Wayne's strayed away from hip-hop, rivalling his smash earlier this year, "Lollipop."



Issues - The Saturdays. Nice to hear something slow from The Saturdays. "Issues," is a brilliant acoustic pop song, very refreshing to hear after the upbeat "If This Isn't Love," and the playfully electronic, "Up."



Heartless - Kanye West. One of my initial favorites from Kanye West's latest album, 808s & Heartbreak.



Long Distance - Brandy. I reviewed her album. Absolutely stunning, Brandy's "Long Distance," is a beautiful piano backed number. This was one of my favorites.

No comments: