Monday, December 29, 2008

UK Singles Chart, 28/12/08

1. Alexandra Burke - Halleluajh

Alexandra's, "Hallelujah", remains at #1 for a second week. The song is also the biggest selling single of 2008 as announced by Fearne Cotton on the radio 1 chart show, coming in the second place is the X-Factor finalists remake of Mariah Carey's, "Hero", so Burke scores a double this week. In term of sales Burkecomes second place for largest first week sales for an X-Factor single. "Hallelujah," moved 576,000 units in it's first week, behind Shayne Ward's, "That's My Goal," which moved 742,000.

5. Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
12. Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

I'm completely in love with Kings Of Leon at the moment, I can feel an obsession coming on next year. "Use Somebody", are their second top 10 single after their previous "Sex On Fire", peaking at #2 a couple week back, the single slipped a couple notches but airplay for the single is rising excessively, I can see it taking the #1 position early 2009. "Sex On Fire," makes a huge rise, thanks to some heavy-airplay, it rises up 9 places from 21-12 this week, the single hit #1 a couple months back, becoming their first.

13. Akon - Right Now

"Right Now", rises into the top 15 this week, I thought the single was going to flop in the UK, but thankfully I was wrong, "Right Now" is Akon's 7th solo UK top 20, with #1's from 2005's, "Lonely", and 2006's, "Smack That", with Eminem.

14. Girls Aloud - The Promise
15. Pink - So What
16. T.I. featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life

Girls Aloud's, "The Promise", became their 4th UK #1 a couple months back, since then it began declining down into the top 30, this week it rises back up into the top 20. Other singles rising back into the top 20 thanks to heavy-airplay are Pink's, "So What", T.I and Rihanna's, "Live Your Life".

22. Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl

I wonder what Katy Perry owes this dramatic rise back into the top 30, "I Kissed A Girl", was this years summer smash in the UK and in the US. I'm guessing airplay is to thank.

No comments: