Saturday, December 06, 2008

Releases in early 2009

Whilst there are still many unconfirmed dates, here some of the forthomcing albums I'm looking forward to in early 2009.

Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You. The first single, "The Fear" is currently making waves on the radio. Lily Allen's second album could well be something more grown me. Her debut, Alight, Still was fantastic.

India.Arie - Testimony, Vol. 2: Love & Politics. India.Arie's last album, Testiomny, Vol 1: Love & Relationships I've been quite wish-washy about for awhile now. It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't underwhelming though. Her albums prior to that (Voyage to Inida and Acoustic Soul) I condier masterpieces. From what I've heard from, Love & Politics It looks quite promising. The first single "Therapy," is currently on rotation on urban radio.

Bobby Valentino - The Rebirth. I've never been a big fan Bobby Valentino, but I did enjoy some of the stuff off his debut album, Special Occasion and the single, "Anonnymous" from his sophomore, Special Occasion. I'm willing to give, The Rebirth chance as I really like the single, "Beep."

K'naan - Troubadour. For me, K'naan is an unsual choice when I want to listen to hip-hop. I haven't listened to his past albums in depth but friends have told me he's brilliant, so Troubadour will be on top of my album list.

Kelly Clarkson. Yet untitled, Kelly Clarkson is prepping her fourth studio album, following up to last years' My December, which greatley explored Clarkson's angrier more rock investated nature.

No comments: