Sunday, January 04, 2009

Upcoming bands reunions in 2009


It seem every year, at least one band reunites to attempt to refind the success they once had, Last year, Boyzone reunited for their greatest hits album, Back Again... No Matter What, the album was a moderate hit; their attempt at a comeback didn't fare as well has fellow band, Take That, made in 2006 with their album, Beautiful World, which spawned 2 #1s ("Patience" and "Shine") including a top 3 single "Rule the World."

I've never really been a fan of Blur their only song I ever really liked of them was, "Out Of Time", from their last album, Think Tank, but their expected reunification later on this year is being talked about on entertainment channels everywhere across the UK, but will it be as successful as Take That?

Other bands expected to reform are No Doubt I'm really excited for this, I've always been a fan of them, even after they disbanded and Gwen embarked on her solo career, it's hard to believe their last studio album, Rock Steady, was released back in 2001, going 2x platinum in the US and spawning the top 40 hit, "Hey Baby", and winning a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Performance. New album material is still in the works, I really can't wait.

A couple more bands expected to reform are, Alice In Chains, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, D.R.I, Face To Face, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Pastilence, Rancid, Ratt, Snot, Stone Temple Pilots, Suicidal Tendencies. I can honestly say I have never heard of most of the bands in that list with the exception of Beastie Boys.

No comments: