Thursday, February 19, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 21/02/09

1. Flo Rida - Right Round

Flo Rida scores his second U.S. #1 with "Right Round" the lead single from his upcoming sophomore album R.O.O.T.S. Following his previous chart topper, the monster hit "Low" with T-Pain, that occupied the #1 spot for 10 weeks last year. Funny enough, "Right Round" breaks the record for the biggest first week digital sales, selling over 630,000 - Flo Rida also broke this record with "Low" last year, selling over 400,000. I feel records are being broken too quickly these days, this record was only broken last week by Eminems "Crack A Bottle", but anyway it's nice to see Flo Rida nab another chart topper after the follow up singles to "Low" didn't receive that much success ("Elevator" managed to crack the top 20 and "In The Ayer" scored his second top 10).

2. T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake - Dead and Gone

Could this see the top spot next week? T.I.'s seventh commercial release from his latest studio offering Paper Trail, "Dead and Gone" (which seems to have grown on me over the past few days) rises 8 spots up the chart giving T.I. his fourth top 3 (after 2006s "What You Know" became his first, peaking at #3 then "Whatever You Like" and "Live Your Life" both topped the chart).

10. Lady GaGa - Poker Face

Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" gives the singer her second top 10 single following her smash hit "Just Dance". I'm really glad that "Poker Face" has begun receiving airplay in the UK, but what's makes me laugh is that the line where she says: "cause I'm bluffin, with my muffin", is completely filtered out.

17. Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone

Soulja Boy scores his second top 20 with "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" following his smash hit "Crank That" back in 2005.

No comments: