Monday, March 16, 2009

The-Dream Rakes in Rave Review from Critics


R&B singer, The-Dream, released his sophomore album Love vs. Money March 10th. Since then the albums received some pretty remarkable ratings from notable critics like Rolling Stone, who award the album a generous 4.5/5 rating, Allmusic who also give the album 4.5/5 rating and Billboard who give the album a pretty impressive review, sounding very favorable of the offering. 

Sounds like an album I should be checking out --I haven't really paid much attention to The-Dream, his debut album, Love/Hate, just went by me, I did, however manage to catch the singles, notably "I Luv Your Girl" which received regular play on BET. Could this be the album to revive the recent underperformance of R&B? 

The albums current single "My Love" Featuring Mariah Carey, isn't doing as well, Mainstream as expected, but I would expect to rise up the U.S. Urban AC chart soon. 

No comments: