Saturday, March 07, 2009

Singles roundup

"Revelry" Kings of Leon. A great string and drum offering from the best alternative band of the moment, "Revelry" is another great single from the Only by the Night album, maybe as good as the previous "Use Somebody" or "Sex on Fire."

"Weight of the World" Lemar. I wanted to love this song, but I just can't get behind it. It lacks a melody that sticks and the chorus is very lacking too. Hopefully it will grow on me, I'm normally a fan of Lemar's music, but his current single releases don't seem to be doing the job, he just needs another "It's Not That Easy" or "Justice".

"I Just Can't Get Enough" The Saturdays. The highest rated of the week. The Saturdays churn out a very sexy offering for Red Nose Day, "I Just Can't Enough" is a fiery electro number, with a kiddish hook and a catchy chorus. Its accompanying video makes the song that much better.

"Right Round" FloRida. Took a while for me to draw to this but now I really like it. "Right Round" is certainly no "Low" or "In The Ayer" but it gets its job done, it's a fun, hip-hop club number, fueled by FloRida's jaunty vocal rap style.

No comments: