Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Personal Airplay, May 5, 2011

TW LW Title - Artist
1.... 1.... This Is Why We Fight - The Decemberists (4 weeks @ #1)
2.... 2.... E.T. - Katy Perry
3.... 5.... The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
4.... 6.... Howlin' For You - The Black Keys
5.... 9.... Till the World Ends - Britney Spears
6.... 8.... Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
7.... 3.... L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah & The Whale
8.... 12.. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
9... 16... Broken Record - Katy B
10.. 4.... The Whilhelm Scream - James Blake (2 weeks @ #1)

5 comments:

Paul said...

oh i just don't get the beyonce song. what a mess. perhaps the video will win me over and i will cast off my old man slippers and pipe and have a bit of a boogie.

thanks for turning me on to the decemberists though. it's my fave month and they happen to make quite decent music don't they :)

J.Mensah said...

Yeah, I'm not that fond it either, the response to it has been awful! But I'm giving it a chance on my chart lol

Yeahhh!!!! The Decemberists are awesome! particuarly this song. 'The King is Dead' is such a brilliant record, I'm gonna review it soon.

ww_adh said...

I'm surprised you're so into this song by the Decemberists. What is it about it that's gotten you hooked?

Project Mobius said...

I'm also a little confused with why "This Is Why We Fight" is at the top for you. It's a nice song, but it's not particularly ear-catching or popular in the mainstream market.

Also, I'm surprised by the drastic move up the charts by Beyonce. I never thought she'd move up that much!

Just thought I'd mention this. "Pumped Up Kids" should be "Pumped Up Kicks". LOL.

J.Mensah said...

I'm not sure why I'm hooked. I love the melody in the chorus a lot. It's just a really nice country-ish folk song.

I know it's not commercial or particuarly catchy but it does make a change from seeing someone you would expect such as Katy or Bruno at the top, doesn't it?