Friday, May 29, 2009

What's on heavy rotation on my iPod...

Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West and Ne-Yo - Knock You Down (5/5) - I'm completely in love with this. Pounding with horns, Eight-O-Eight drums and a clicking bassline, this possibly the best cut from, In A Perfect World...

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas (5/5) - Unknowingly I overlooked this song when I first listened to Katy Perry's, One of the Boys album. It's your archetypal rock-pop venture, consisting of the electronic guitar, percussion and drums --tying everything together with a killer chorus. Perry never fails to impress me, even with my doubts-- I believe this could be another hit for the singer.

Lady GaGa - Paparazzi (5/5) - This was one of the instant favorites from, The Fame. I really love this, a tad slower than GaGa's previous releases --pacing with synth, clicks and other random noises in the background. This song almost mimics Britney's "Unusual You," from her Circus album, just something I noticed.

Jordin Sparks - Battlefield (4.5/5) - Absolutely beautiful. Jordin Sparks returns with "Battlefield," It's an absolutely amazing song --think of Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love," and a more upbeat version of Beyonce's "Halo," blended together.

Britney Spears - Radar (4.5/5) - I've been listening to this song for way to long now (2 years and counting) and now that it's become an official single, it's my duty to continue listening. I heard Britney's finished filming the video for the single, if-anything hopefully it's better than the video for "Amy," and performs better commercially.

Jeremih - Birthday Sex (4/5) - This isn't on my iPod yet, but I've listened to the top 10 hit on YouTube many times this week. I've missed songs like this --oozing with sensuality and R&B goodness. Whilst I really like this, Jeremih has a long way to go to make 'bump 'n' grind' music than can rival R. Kelly's.

Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone (4/5) - This song's been out for awhile now and has taken a very long while to grow on me and now I'm ashamed to say I do actually love it. It's the chorus. Soulja Boy's rap-verses are essentially weak, almost like an imitation of T.I.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Katy Perry's "WUIV" is one of my favourites too! I just love the positive energy the song gives to me everytime I see it and the video as well is fab.

J.Mensah said...

I know, rite? It's BRILLIANT!