Monday, June 29, 2009

Best albums of 2009 (so far)

So far this year, I've reviewed 36 albums--possibly the most diverse in the music I've listened to in comparison to any other year, the best albums have come as surprises rather than expectations. I can't wait for the second half of the year, with releases from Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Jay-Z, it should be really good. Here are the 10 best reviewed albums of the year so far (based on rating); subject to change:

  1. Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey & the GrooGrux King
  2. India.Arie - Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics
  3. Chrisette Michele - Epiphany
  4. Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
  5. Lily Allen - It's Not Me It's You
  6. Rascal Flatts - Unstoppable
  7. 311 - Uplifter
  8. Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
  9. K'naan - Troubadour
  10. Lady GaGa - The Fame

Honorable mentions:

There have been releases I've enjoyed extensively but didn't get the chance to review. Green Day's, 21st Century Breakdown was the best of the three I didn't review. Following is Little Boots', Hands and U2's, No Line on the Horizon. Maybe I'll do a full review later on, but with so many new releases in the forthcoming months this looks unlikely.

No comments: