Thursday, June 11, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 13/06/09

1. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

No change at the top. Black Eyed Peas top the Hot 100 for a tenth time this week with, "Boom Boom Pow". Their new single, "I Gotta Feeling" could well replace "Pow" at the top next week, as its currently gaining digital sales very quickly.

2. I Know You Want Me - Pitbull

I still haven't heard this song. I haven't really listened to anything from Pitbull since, "Go Girl" with rappers, Trina and Young Bo$. His latest single, "I Know You Want Me" scoots 1 spot up to #2 (scoring the rappers highest charting song ever) where it will most likely peak - I don't think, "Pow" is going anywhere, anytime soon.

3. Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West and Ne-Yo

Also scoring a new feat, is Keri Hilson. Her latest single, "Knock You Down" shoots into the top 5, scoring her first feat.

6. LoveGame - Lady GaGa
9. Fire Burning - Sean Kingston

Lady GaGa scores another week with 2 singles in the top 10. Her latest, "LoveGame" elevates to #6. Out of all the songs in the top 10, I think "Game," has the most potenital to displace, "Pow." Sean Kingston's, "Fire Burning" may have stayed at #9 again this week, but it could be a contender for #1 next week, it was released digitally last week (hitting #2 on the iTunes chart).

12. Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry

After a slight drop last week, Katy Perry's "Waking Up In Vegas," rebounds, rising 14-12. It peaked at #10, but I still think it could be another hit for Perry.

19. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon

Kings of Leon score their first top 20 with, "Use Somebody" after 19 weeks on the charts. The song rose a whopping 33 spots up this week. I wonder what they owe the dramatic rise.

20. I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson hooks up witth her 10th top 20 with "I Do Not Hook Up," this week. Her past top 20s:

1. A Moment Like This (#1, 1 week)
2. Miss Independent (#9)
3. Breakway (#6)
4. Since U Been Gone (#2)
5. Behind These Hazel Eyes (#6)
6. Because of You (#7)
7. Walk Away (#8)
8. Never Again (#9)
9. My Life Would Suck Without (#1, 2 weeks)
10. I Do Not Hook Up (#20)

21. Please Don't Leave Me - P!nk

P!nk's, "Please Don't Leave Me" rises 34-21, inching closer to her 13th top 20.

2 comments:

rcLoy said...

Pitbull' song is quite a jam if you compare it to the annoying BBP. LOL
Knock You Down ain't that bad. I don't mind if Gaga take the crown again. Lovegame is additively good.
Use Somebody is a personal fave of mine.
I think their performance during the MTV Movie Awards 09 did help song in some way. Love that song. =)

J.Mensah said...

"Knock You Down," is BRILLIANCE! I agree with everything apart from Pitbull's song, I'm gonna have to let it grow on me. :)