Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. King of Pop


Yesterday night, Musical Legend--King of Pop, Michael Jackson passed away at the subtle age of 50. This post is heartbreaking to write, I couldn't possibly explain the misery that shadows me this very moment. Not growing up where Jackson hit peak, I still know exceptionally well, how legendary and influential this man is. Getting his start with the family group, Jackson 5, generating the well know hit "ABC"--Jackson then went on to become a global phenomenon, releasing a string of hit albums throughout the late 70s, 80s and 90s, essentially becoming the worlds biggest star. His 1982 breakthrough album, Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, moving a whopping 109 million copies worldwide--it is among the best pop albums ever created. This will take me long time to get over; I still can't come to terms with his death. My wishes are with his family and hoping he is in a better place now. Despite his much publicized downs, which stem back to the 90s, Michael Jackson will always be the King of Pop--his legacy lives on.

No comments: