Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Music I'm listening to...

It's raining--just the next feature in the sh?ttiest holiday week ever. Here's what I've been listening to.

"Beat Again" JLS. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the new JLS single before (please don't kill me!) and I'll also admit its 2 week run atop the UK singles chart has drawn some interest to the song for me. It's a pretty cool track, I guess--nothing I haven't heard before, but it's not nothing underwhelming either. I should be looking forward to their forthcoming debut album.

"Man In the Mirror" Michael Jackson. I already had this on heavy rotation on my iPod in the last couple weeks, but I've still got my heart in this classic.

"22" Lily Allen. Originally one of my favorite tracks from, It's Not Me, It's You, It's the third single from the album. The lyrics may hold a message to look into, but I like the song for it's jaunty composition, I think I like it better than "Not Fair."

"She Wolf" Shakira. So far this year, Shakira has provided the biggest "WTF?" moment for me. Her new single "She Wolf" is definitely a grower--a definate head scatching moment. But after a couple listens, I've come to quite like Shakira's strange venture into more downbeat club styled music, however I do this isn't all that's to her upcoming album.

Am I missing any new singles I should be listening to?

1 comment:

rcLoy said...

J, what about Backstreet Boys new single? Straight through my heart. I totally dig it. Oh, and I'm not sure this is new or old, but Dolly Rockers - Gold Digger? Shakira's stuff is good but I have no idea what is she singing about. LOL.