Monday, July 06, 2009

Whitney Houston update

Here are some short tidbits on Whitney Houston:

  • Houston's forthcoming comeback album is to be titled, I Look to You. I think this comeback should be just as dazzling as Mariah Carey's comeback in 2005. After her last album, 2002s Just Whitney, Houston's forthcoming album should be mindblowing--both in commerical and quality terms.
  • The supposed lead single "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" surfaced a couple days ago (check out the song here) I haven't been hearing that much positive news about the song -- some say ("it's not a strong lead single") ("it's sounds dated") ("it's too bland"), whatever, I think it's a good song with a relative message -- ballads aren't as popular as they were in '90s, so admittedly this probably won't do that good on the Hot 100, but I'm sure it shoot up the adult contemporary charts.
  • More on the single, I think the title should be shortened to "Know My Own Strength" or "My Own Strength" the full thing is a bit of a mouthful.
  • Producers/Artists thought to be working on the album are the Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am, John Legend, Ne-Yo, Swizz Beatz, Sean Garrett, Stargate, Alicia Keys, Akon and R. Kelly (shouldn't he be working on his own album?) with all this talent, this album should be a masterpiece, (of course there've been many cases of too much = lackluster).
  • I Look to You, is due in stores September 1st. Here is the supposed blueprint for the title track sung by R. Kelly (check out here).
  • Lastly I'll be doing a full discography review on all Whitney Houston's albums.

4 comments:

ww_adh said...

I really want this to be excellent. I love Whitney, and I'd love her to make a big Mimi-esque comeback. Wouldn't it be great?

J.Mensah said...

Me too.

J.Mensah said...

As I recall, you weren't to big on the Mimi album

ww_adh said...

It's okay. But it was a big success, definitely a major commercial hit.