Thursday, August 13, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 22/08/2009

Not that much news on the Hot 100 this week. Highlights:
  • Black Eyed Peas are in their seventh week at the top with "I Gotta Feeling" could Miley Cyrus dethrone them next week with her new single "Part in the USA" as it sits atop the iTunes chart.
  • The airplay gainer award goes to Jay Sean's "Down" featuring Lil' Wayne, which stays bulleted at #6.
  • Pitbull scores his second top 10 with "Hoten Room Service."
  • Shakira rockets into the top 20, scoring her fifth top 20 hit with "She Wolf / Loba."
  • Mario scores his third top 20 with "Break Up."

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm embarassingly fond of the Miley Cyrus song. I know all the words and I'm surprised...I felt the same way about "See You Again."

And who woulda thought Jay Sean would be making such waves? I heard about him what feels like forever ago with older singles on PopJustice...hmmm.

J.Mensah said...

Haha! I think I like it too! at first I only checked it out because of Britney reference. Did you watch the TeenChoice Awards?

I'm soooo proud of Jay Sean!!! yeah, it does seem like forever since he's been don't it?