Thursday, September 10, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 19/09/09

1. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
2. Down - Jay Sean Featuring Lil' Wayne

The Black Eyed Peas claim an 11th week atop with "I Gotta Feeling" extending the acts run at the top to 22 weeks, combined with "Boom Boom Pow." Jay Sean & Lil' Wayne stay bulleted at #2 with "Down," this could be a serious contender for #1 in the oncoming weeks.

7. Obsessed - Mariah Carey

YAY!!! Mariah Carey finally scores her 27th top 10 with "Obsessed" after four weeks trapped at #11 and with no promotion, this is certainly an achievement. Carey now ties with Elton John and Janet Jackson as the fifth artist with the most top 10's on the Hot 100. Could this be a top 5 hit next week?

10. Jason DeRulo - Watcha Say

Newcomer, Jason DeRulo lands his first top 10 with his debut single "Watcha Say."

14. Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sea Garrett

I still don't think this holds a (dim) candle to "Let Me Love You" so I'm a bit flustered as why it's become a top 20 hit. It seems people do like it. This week the song jumps a spot up to #14.

30. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

Only weeks ago, Jason Mraz earned the accolade for longest charting song on the Hot 100--beating out LeAnne Rimes' "How Do I Live." This week it extends its reign to 73 weeks.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I can't believe Mariah finally made top ten with that song! Oh well, she knows how to work the charts so it shouldn't come as a surprise! And Jason Mraz, i love that song, but let it go already people (there is a rather good version of it on the Straight No Chaser EP mixed in with Somewhere Over The Rainbow)

rcLoy said...

I'm Yours is still in the chart? That is a bloody old song already! I guess that's the magic of a great masterpiece song. I'm not diggin' Mimi's new stuff. Same old same old..

J.Mensah said...

I'm agree-people need to let the Jason Mraz song go. I wonder if people were this annoyed when LeAnne Rimes topped the chart for all those week.s

J.Mensah said...

oops! I mean stayed on the chart for that long.