Thursday, September 17, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 26/09/09

1. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

The Black Eyed Peas top the chart for a 12th week, this ties the song with "Boom Boom Pow" for the longest stay atop the chart this year, I suspect their reign to continue just a little longer as their still bulleted and the highest digital gainer--It's pretty astounding how long "I Gotta Feeling's" stayed atop the chart, I wonder if it has a chance of beating out Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together's" 14 week stay--or possibly even the 16 stay of Carey's and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day," I guess we'll see.

2. Down - Jay Sean Feauturing Lil' Wayne

Jay Sean's "Down" stays bulleted at #2 receiving the airplay gainer award.

3. Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
4. Run This Town - Jay-Z Featuring Rihanna and Kanye West

Miley's "Party in the USA" stays bulleted at #3, whilst Jay-Z's "Run This Town" nips at its heels at #4. The new Jay-Z single " Empire State of Mind" with Alicia Keys, should be looking for a massivde debut next week--as it resides atop the iTunes top 100, thanks to both Jay-Z and Alicia Key's performance on the VMA's.

5. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon

Kings of Leon stay bulleted #5, will this ever become a #1 hit for the band.

8. Obsessed - Mariah Carey

After scoring her 27th top 10 last week, Mariah Carey's "Obsessed" dips down to #8, but reminas bulleted. Carey's new single "I Wan to Know What Love Is" is another song looking forward to a debut next week.

10. Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship Featuring Leighton Meester

Cobra Starship re-enter the top 10, rebounding 13-10 this week with their fantastic single "Good Girls Go Bad."

19. Be On You - Flo Rida Featuring Ne-Yo
35. Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson

Flo Rida scores his sixth top 20 with his new single "Be On You." I wasn't surprised last week when I thought Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone" was going to flop--momentum for her latest album, All I Ever Wanted, died down fast--but this week it picks up 5 notches scoring Clarkson's 11th top 40.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Thanks for the breakdown - i think, even though i keep forgetting about the song then remembering how great it is, i'd like little Miley to get a number one with Party. It's just so much fun.

Is it true Kelly actually wanted Cry as the 3rd single but the record company veto'd it?!

How's Whitney doing?

J.Mensah said...

Yeah, Miley is sooo close! She's doing well in both digital sales and airplay, hypethetically there shouldn't be anything keeping her from her #1 (expect I Gotta Feeling and the rest of the bulleted songs in the top 5).

I LOVE "Cry" I think it was my favorite song from All I Ever Wanted. I didn't know it was being considered for a single release, that would've been cool.

Whitney's "I Look to You" falls down to #88 this week.