Friday, September 04, 2009

Mariah Carey's Memoirs Confirmed Tracklist


The tracklist for Mariah Carey's upcoming twelfth studio album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, has now been unveiled. The new album will be a 2-disc set; the first CD (the actual album) will feature 17 tracks (with 5 interludes, I suspect) and the second CD will feature 4 different remixes of the first single "Obsessed" and 2 videos (the normal and the remix version):

Disc 1
1. Betcha Gon' Know (the prologue)
2. Obsessed
3. H.A.T.E.U.
4. Candy Bling
5. Ribbon
6. Inseparable
7. Standing O
8. It's A Wrap
9. Up Out My Face
10. Up Out My Face (the reprise)
11. More Than Just Friends
12. The Impossible
13. The Impossible (the reprise)
14. Angel (the prelude)
15. Angels Cry
16. Languishing (the interlude)
17. I Want To Know What Love Is

Disc 2
1. Obsessed - Cahill Radio Mix
2. Obsessed - Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit
3. Obsessed - Jump Smokers Radio Edit
4. Obsessed - Friscia and Lamboy Radio Mix
5. Obsessed - (Video)
6. Obsessed (Remix) - (Video)

We've only heard 2 tracks from the lengthy 17 track set, but just from looking at the tracklist I get a, Rainbow, vibe--as that was the only time Mariah used interludes and with "Betcha Gon' Know (the prologue)" I suspect this is the first time she's going to be using an introduction.

Wierdly, there's actually only 12 full tracks here--but that actually depends on wether all the tracks with "reprise" next to them are actually full songs or not. Tracks I'm already looking forward to hearing (apart from the one's we've already heard) are "H.A.T.E.U." (the 30 sec, LQ leak left me wanting more) "Up Out My Face" (R&B singer, The-Dream leaked a version sung by him) and "The Impossible" (It got a pretty poor reception from critics, but I want to check it fot myself).

I can't wait for this--just incase you forgot, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, drops September 29. Expect a pretty lengthy review.

No comments: