Monday, September 14, 2009

Video Music Awards '09 Wrap-up

I enjoyed this years Video Music Awards very much, much more than last year, although Britney's triumph with her 3 wins for Best Female, Best Pop and Video of the Year award didn't bother me. The atmosphere just seemed more intense. I found Russell Brand's jokes more funny and possible more relatable (especially the UK vs. US health care one). The performances were awesome--standout was P!nk's phenomenal performance of her single "Sober" which featured a loose P!nk soaring acrobatic style in the air (video below).



Lady GaGa's performance of "Paparazzi" freaked me out. She's definitely a fantastic performer, but one can't help but wonder why the performance was so overworked and ridiculously dramatic. Janet Jackson's tribuit to her brother was brilliant, only wish she had graced the stage a little longer. The rage in her movements, just showed so much passion. I liked Green Day's performance a lot. The part where Billie commands the audience to mob the stage was awesome.

Beyonce took home Video of the Year for "Single Ladies," my beloved Britney nabbed Best Pop Video for "Womanizer" and the biggest news of the night, Taylor Swift's win for Best Female Video for "You Belong With Me", which was interrupted by a retarded Kanye West who insisted the award belonged to Beyonce. Well from an amateur blogger to a multi-platinum selling rapper, West, you are a prick.

The night was awesome, I do however wish Britney had been there, I'm sure a performance from her is due.

4 comments:

rcLoy said...

Kanye is such a A-hole, Ergh, I really hope that he understand that the world doesn't revolve around him. =/
BTW, I'm so lovin' the Gaga performance, oh so dramatic and it's a total epic for me! GAGA FTW!

Paul said...

I'm not really sure where Lady Cuckoo goes from here as she is clearly trying to outdo her last "shock" with each performance. Frankly, neither do I care (though in a boring awards show it was at least semi interesting)

Anonymous said...

yeah i like Kanye's music but his action in VMAs did suck ! A racist pig .. Remember Mr. Bush doesn't like the Black ... I feel sorry for taylor

J.Mensah said...

Lol, I guess we can all agree that Kanye is a c#@? I see opinions on GaGa's performance is split.