Friday, October 23, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 31st Oct. 09

1. Down - Jay Sean Feat. Lil' Wayne
2. Whatcha Say - Jason DeRulo

Jay Sean rebounds 2-1 with "Down," interrupting Britney's 1 week stay with "3," which gets knocked down to #5 this week. Jason DeRulo's "Watcha Say," climbs up two notches, reaching a new peak and could well dethrown Jay Sean next week.

9. Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas
17. Who Says - John Mayer

Black Eyed Peas continue to ride high as they score their 6th top 10 with "Meet Me Halfway," I'm so into this song right now--it's so cool. They're also this weeks digital gainer. Lower down the chart John Mayer scores his 8th top 40 this week with his new single, "Who Says" which debuts at #17.

20. Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson is slowly inching out of the top 20 with her single, "Already Gone," it's a shame too, it's such a good song--I'm kind of surprised at it not being a top 10 hit.

3 comments:

rcLoy said...

Year of the BEP. I think it started with Usher, then Mimi then Flo Rida then BEP. Did I get it right? hmmmm

Mel said...

Ooh the year of Usher. That was a good year. "Yeah" is still a hot jam.

Anywho, I would have been happier with "Rock That Body/Rock Your Body" whatever the title is because I can't remember, but the video for "Halfway" is quite flashy. ::sigh:: I never guess the singles right. Haha.

J.Mensah said...

2004 - Usher
2005 - Mariah
2006 - Justin Timberlake
2007 - Rihanna
2008 - Flo Rida
2009 - Black Eyed Peas

Yep! You got it right =]

-

I may sound like a sad, but I find predicting singles such a fun thing to do lol--and YES! "Rock That Body" is a knockout! and so is Usher's "Yeah" (oh, the memories).