Friday, October 02, 2009

Music I'm listening to...

There's not a lot this week as most of the new music I've been listening to have been from YouTube as I sold my iPod Classic for an iPod Touch 32gb and have yet to receive it. Here's this weeks set:

JLS "Everybody in Love" The new JLS single has been stuck in my head for awhile now, it has just a great lighthearted melody to it--I actually prefer it to "Beat Again."

Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind" I'm really happy at how well this song is catching on. For what I think is the first time, Jay-Z's verses aren't that memorable as Alicia Keys steals the most part of the song with that wonderful chorus.

Owl City "Fireflies" Speaking of catching on, one-man-band Owl City's "Fireflies" is currently on its way to becoming a hit for him. This was being offered for free on iTunes a couple months ago, which were I also found his debut album, Ocean Eyes (click for my review).

Taio Cruz "Break Your Heart" First Taio Cruz I've undoubtedly liked. "Like a Star" was okay, but "Break You Heart" is just fantastic--especially the infectious chorus.

4 comments:

Paul said...

obviously loving the JLS song. Owl City have really grown on me too! Here's to the iPod arriving soon!

Nikki said...

Hurrah! JLS! Hahah. But I do prefer 'Beat Again', I'm afraid. Less generic.

The Taio Cruz single is good but shouldn't have been #1 in the UK.

rcLoy said...

I'm loving the JLS song too, damn! I've been infecting that song to my friends and they are lovin' it too. =) Me and me bro is lovin the Taio Cruz song too, the chorus is plain addictive, stucks in ur head in a wrong way. LOL~ Wake up alarm ringtone. XD

J.Mensah said...

I see the new JLS and Taio Cruz song is more or less a winner. Ya'll should really check out Owl City, he's really good!