Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Susan Boyle to slaughter US charts next week


Britain's Got Talent's overnight sensation, Susan Boyle's debut album, I Dreamed a Dream, (the first lines of the song that made the 48 year old a star) is set to dominate on next weeks Billboard 200. According to Billboard, the album is set sell around 550k to 700k copies this week, placing her way ahead of her major competitors such as Lady GaGa, Rihanna and Adam Lambert. I'm shocked! As much as I dislike classical music, maybe I should start paying attention to this.

2 comments:

ww_adh said...

She sings remakes of pop songs. That's hardly "classical." I didn't pay much attention to her, but I did get "Wild Horses," and I really like it.

Ganns said...

^^ I agree. Boyle isn't classical by a long shot.

I have a copy of Boyle's CD. She shines on the religious songs - Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, Up on the Mountain. You'll See, a remake of the Madonna original, underwhelmed me.