Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Britney & Christina Albums On the Way

After nearly four years absence, Christina Aguilera is expected to return to the spotlight with her fourth album titled, Bionic. Major producers and artists heard to be working on the album include electronic band Goldfrapp, hip-hop producers The Neptunes and Australian pop singer Sia. With such a shimmering lineup, there's no doubt this album should be solid, if anything more solid than her last offering Back to Basics. Confirmed track "Glam," is set to recall the defining pop stylyings of Madonna's "Vogue." Interesting.

Following her successful comeback with her sixth album, Circus, Britney Spears is also returning this year with her seventh sometime in June or July. Producers confirmed to be working on the album include French DJ David Guetta (who delivered two of the UK's biggest hits last year with "When Love Takes Over" with Kelly Rowland and "Sexy Bitch" with Akon) he's also said to have produced the albums lead single out in March, Danja (who's produced some of her best tracks including "Gimme More" and "Break the Ice"), pop genius Max Martin and Sean Garrett. Interesting lineup.

I'm looking forward to both releases, it's almost like being at the end of the '90s again. Whilst the music is important, I'm more interested in who's going to sell more records. And let the races begin.

11 comments:

rcLoy said...

All the name droppin' and association gets me pretty damn excited but I am still kinda pissed about Aguilera for dissin' Gaga previously way before Just Dance is a hit :S

Mel said...

I wish Christina would record a Max Martin stomper. Just once. That's all I'm asking.

As you know, I'm not Brit's biggest fan, but if she's working with Guetta, I might HAVE to check that out. I know she's working with Bloodshy/Avant again (?), and they general turn out awesome results as well. I tend to fall for anything Max Martin does (no matter who does it...usually), so...

Fingers crossed for both of them. But I'm definitely Team Aguilera. ;)

J.Mensah said...

Loy: Oh yeah! How the tables have turned lol. She said she didn't know Gaga existed--and now she's the hottest thing in pop. A lesson to all divas, watch who you diss.

Mel: Ohhhhh :( I'm fully team Britney! So I guess we're rivals now! see you at the end of the finish line lol :)

ww_adh said...

Christina's new album is long overdue. I'd read it was supposed to come out last spring, following shortly after her greatest hits, but then for some reason it didn't.

Paul said...

i'm quite looking forward to the christina album :) I tend to like the singles from Britney's albums more than the albums as a whole but i'm always willing to give them a go! And i hear Kylie is due back by march or april or so?!

donna said...

With all the talk about Ke$sha these days, it was nice to hear about the pop stars I grew up on: Britney & Christina. I too, am excited to see who's going to sell more records at the same time, which is going to be in tabloid magazines more around the album release date...

There's a new album by Tristan Cloplet you should check out! & if you're in the NYC area, I'd be happy to get you on the press list for one of his upcoming shows!

Download Purple here: http://tristanclopet.com/download
Homepage: http://www.tristanclopet.com
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/tristanclopet

Bests,
Donna

donna said...

email: donna@bluefountainmedia.com

ww_adh said...

You should take Donna up on this offer! Maybe while you're jetting around the world this weekend you could stop by her press event.

J.Mensah said...

Paul: What did you think of Kylie's last album? I really liked it--a lot of pop/dance and some surprising R&B. I'm excited for that too.

Donna: I'm really interested in who sells more records too! Wow! Thanks for the offer but I probably won't be anywhere near New York for a long long time lol.

ww_adh: I also have to stop by Mariah and Nicks house and have dinner before meeting up with Britney to play sports with her kids and have sex with Jojo, before coming around your house to have lunch.

rcLoy said...

J, skip the 1st two activities and just go straight for the sex with JoJo, one time is never enough, might as well just spend the whole day with her. LOL~

J.Mensah said...

Sounds like a plan lol! :)