Thursday, February 18, 2010

Billboard Hot 100, 27th February 2010

I've been abandoning the Hot 100 for the last few weeks for the simple fact that... I felt like it. I'm continuing this week and I want to start by mentioning Sade's latest album, Soldier of Love, debuting at #1 this week with an astonishing 502k haul, her highest first week sales ever and her second #1 album since their second album, Promise which arrived at #1 almost 24 years ago. A comeback well done! Now onto the chart:

1. TiK ToK - Ke$ha
2. We Are the World 25 - Artists for Haiti

Ke$ha holds off charity single "We Are the World 25," which still makes an impressive debut at #2, landing solidly behind "TiK ToK," which is amazingly is in its ninth consecutive week at the summit of the chart. The party don't stop indeed. I would really like to find out how much "We Are the World" sold this week, any help?

3. Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas

Last week, the Black Eyed Peas hit #2 with "Imma Be" as digital gainers of the week. This week, upong the arrival of Artist for Haiti, it gets pushed down to #3 losing its bullet, however still holding strong on iTunes.

9. In My Head - Jason DeRulo

Jason DeRulo scores his second top ten with "In My Head," following his debut chart topper, "Whatcha Say," somehow I don't think this week achieve the same kinda of success--probably it will fare the same way Chris Brown's second single did; "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" only reached #7 following "Run It!," which became his first #1 back in 2005.

11. Blah Blah Blah - Ke$ha feat. 30H!3

Ke$ha's second single "Blah Blah Blah," receives its second digital boost as it rises 11 spots up to #11. It's currently peaked at #7, her second solo top ten single.

12. Say Aah - Trey Sonz feat. Fabolous

Trey Songz looks to be scoring his first 'big' hit since 2007's "Can't Help But Wait," which peaked at #14. His latest single, "Say Aah," with Fabolous rises three spots up to #12 making it his highest charting single ever.

15. Telephone - Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce

Slowly but surely, Lady Gaga and Beyonce's "Telephone" rises, soon to be a top monster-hit for sure. I predict this will be one of the biggest hits of the year, a big prediction, I know--but the conditions are perfect.

4 comments:

rcLoy said...

I love your attitude, you've got me with your 1st line.
Seriously, Tik Tok 9 weeks at #1! Billboard is really making some blardy mistake with all this. That should've been La Gaga's awsum Bad Romance.

Am I the only one who is anticipating the Telephone video. You have two of the biggest Diva in music right now (excluding Mimi) in a music video, Video Phone ain't that great :S

ww_adh said...

I read that "We Are the World" sold 267,000 downloads in its first 3 days, but I can't find anything for the whole week.

ww_adh said...

I read that "We Are the World" sold 267,000 downloads in its first 3 days, but I can't find anything for the whole week.

J.Mensah said...

Loy: Haha! :) I wasn't too bothered about Gaga not reaching number one before, I thought a #2 was okay, but now I really think Bad Romance really deserved it. 9 weeks it's way too much and I wouldn't be too surprised if it's still #1 next week. And YES! Really looking forward to the video.

Adh: I wonder why they're keeping this a secret, lol. If it did 267k in the first three days then I think it should have done 445,000.