Thursday, March 18, 2010

Billboard Hot 100, 27th March 2010

1. Rude Boy - Rihanna

I'm very happy this week. This chart is dated in my birthday week (this Sunday) and Rihanna scores her first #1 from Rated R with "Rude Boy" and her sixth overall (including her featured appearence on T.I.'s "Live Your Life")--a great treat. I'm sure this single would have gotten the 'Rated R' era to a stronger start than "Russian Roulette" did or "Wait Your Turn" tried to do. Oh well. Now, Rihana has scored more Hot 100 #1's than any other artist, however still tying Justin Timberlake with 5 solo #1's.

5. Nothin' On You - B.o.B. featuring Bruno Mars

Rapper Bobby Ray aka B.o.B. scores his first hit with his debut single "Nothin' On You" featuring Bruno Mars. The single rises 11 spots up this week landing his first top 5 hit.

9. Telephone - Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce

Whilst "Telephone" has taken it's place atop Billboard's Pop songs chart which measures mainstream radio airplay, I'm sure its controversial accompanying video has something to do with its ascending into the top 10. It's Lady Gaga's 6th top 10 and Beyonce's n'th.

11. Carry Out - Timbaland featuring Justin Timberlake

Timbaland has yet to score a solid hit on the chart from his Shock Value II album yet. Lead single "Morning After Dark" featuring Nelly Furtado and SoShy landed at a disappointing #61, a far cry from the success of the lead single from his last album, "Give it to Me" featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, which peaked at #1. The next couple singles didn't perform that well either ("Say Something" featuring Drake #23 and "If We Ever Meet Again" featuring Katy Perry #98). However things look to be turning around as his latest single "Carry Out" featuring Justin Timberlake inches closer to the top 10.

27. My Chick Bad - Ludacris featuring Nicki Minaj

Ludacris' "My Chick Bad" benefits from a digital sales boost, as his album Battle of the Sexes was released last week--which debuts atop the Billboard 200 this week with a 136k haul. This is his 18th top forty single and Young Money member Nicki Minaj's 2nd.

35. Over - Drake

From a Young Money membre to another, Drake's "Over" debuts at #35, scoring his 8th top forty.

4 comments:

rcLoy said...

Happy Birthday in Advance! :D
And here I was thinking Telephone would shoot up high into the chart. I guess I don't know how it all works. LOL~

ww_adh said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you get to do something fun this weekend to celebrate...and get some good presents too.

What are you trying to say about Rihanna having the most #1s? Lots of people have more than 6 #1s. Did you mean since a certain date?

Paul said...

Happy birthday! I thought telephone would shoot higher - it has in the UK hasn't it? Still Rude Boy has grown on me. Is it your birthday anthem?!

J.Mensah said...

Thank you all :)

Adh, yeah I have to change it it was suppose to say since 2000. And Paul... my personal Rude Girl remix is my anthem, have you heard it yet? lol