Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What I'm Listening to...

I've been taking my GSCE exams all this week and last hence why there haven't been a lot of posts lately, but I've only got 2 more exams left then I'm a free teen (well until September). Here's what I've been listening to:

Dynamite - Taio Cruz. What Taio Cruz lacks in personality he makes up for with his slick electro-pumped pop numbers and his new single "Dynamite" is no exception, a feel-good electro-studded dancefloor filler. Much more appealing than "Dirty Picture," with whats-her-face.



California Gurls - Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg. Similarities to "TiK ToK" aside, Katy Perry's new single is just an awesome slice of current pop, not taking itself too seriously and just being carefree. I like this a lot. It scored Perry's 2nd chart topper last week.

Wavin' Flag - K'naan. It's nice to see Somalian MC K'Naan finally being recognized, even if it just because of the World Cup and this awesome football-sprited song. It looking good to score the MC's top 5 in the UK this Sunday. The last time he appeared on the UK charts was with a callabo with alternative rock band Keane's "Night Train," which peaked at #40. Yikes.

Whataya Want from Me - Adam Lambert. American Idol runner up Adam Lambert's next UK single is pretty good, nice pop/rock with a belter of a chorus. I'm not really a fan of Lambert--I don't get any of this glam-rock stuff but I'm willing to give his album For You Entertainment a listen.



Commander - Kelly Rowland. Awesome David Guetta produced European-styled club banger.

Kickstart - Example.
British rapper Example keeps churning out quality singles (both "Watch the Sun Come Up" and "Won't Go Quietly" were fantastic) and "Kickstart" is another winner. I'm looking forward to his forthcoming second album Won't Go Quietly out this Sunday supposedly.



Frisky - Tinie Tempah feat. Labrinth. He may have missed out on his second UK chart topper but British rapper Tinie Tempah's "Frisky" is still an immence piece of faux electro-pop/rap. I'm also looking forward to his upcoming debut album too.

All the Lovers - Kylie Minogue. Pop's sweetheart Kylie returns with this pondering synth soaked subtle midtempo that is "All the Lovers."



Your Love - Nicki Minaj. Raps new Lil' Kim hadn't yet put a decent solo song until now--"Massive Attack" was awful, however the bassline and autotune heavy "Your Love" is much better.

1 comment:

rcLoy said...

I'm just about to ask where is your WILT post and I think I got what I'm about to ask for. LOL.

A.Lambert's surprisingly charted more than 300plays in my iTunes. That song is a winner. I love P!nk!

Yay for Kylie, Kelly, Katy and Taio too. Aces. Aces!

BTW you know how much we rule just because it's football, not soccer! right? LOL