Sunday, July 11, 2010

On My iPod This Week

After months of having no iPod to listen to music on (I sold my iPod Touch to buy a BlackBerry) I finally bought back my iPod Classic. So what have I been listening to this week?

"Love the Way You Lie" - Eminem feat. Rihanna. This definately one of the best tracks off Eminem's Recovery. It's works the guitar strings, piano and bass in the same vein as B.o.B's "Airplanes" feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore. I see this becoming a trend--what's next? Lil Wayne rapping while Britney Spears sings the chorus?

"Get Outta My Way" - Kylie Minogue. Minogue's staged a successful return to pop with her eleventh album Aphrodite, even scoring her first UK #1 album since 2001. This is the albums biggest highlight for me, lighthearted dance-pop with an enticing production.

"Prayin" - Plan B. Another stunner from Plan B, awesome production; shimmering with a captivating old-school '70s inspired soul throwback sound.

"Pack Up" - Eliza Doolittle. I liked "Skinny Jeans" a lot, but I like this even better. I love the '50s doo-wop sound. It's shame it didn't make the top 10 this week.

"Bang Bang Bang" - Mark Ronson feat. Q-Tip, MNDR & The Business Intl. Mark Ronson returns with a cool '80's retro synth studded track. I like this a lot.

"What If" - Jason DeRulo. Following the fairly upbeat "Watcha Say" and "In My Head," DeRulo finally delivers a ballad. It's not better than the previous two but still a decent follow-up.

"Love Dealer" - Esmee Denters feat. Justin Timberlake. When she's not catting JoJo, she's making some some cool funk-flavored pop with boss Justin Timeberlake.

4 comments:

芸茂芸茂 said...

Share and share alike.............................................................

Paul said...

in answer to your previous question, yes I have had several songs debut at number one. Just not for a while (Did all the lovers debut there? I can't remember! It was there for 7 weeks anyway!) There are some strong contenders for a number one debut this week too :) And nice iPod playlist. Loving the Kylie love. Getting mroe and more into Plan B.

Oh you forgot to add... the club is a-live with the sound of mooooooooooozik!

J.Mensah said...

You, ADH = not funny >_>

蕙春蕙春 said...

單純喜歡你的部落格 留個言跟您問聲好~~............................................................