Sunday, September 12, 2010

Alexandra Burke tops UK Singles Chart

I don't review the UK Singles Chart anymore but I do however occasionally comment when something that intersts me happens, such as this week: Pop singer Alexandra Burke scores her third chart topper with "Start Without You" (feat. Laza Morgan) following two previous chart toppers with debut single "Hallelujah" and upbeat follow-up "Bad Boys" (feat. Flo Rida). It's also her fifth top 10 (third one this year). Burke now ties Leona Lewis and JLS for X Factor contestant/winner with the most #1's. Check out ww_adh write up of this week's singles chart.

3 comments:

ww_adh said...

You must be so happy your little girlfriend is #1! I didn't like this song at first, but it's grown on me and I've been singing "oh, here we go, drip dropping way down low" all weekend.

Paul said...

Include Will Young in that list (though admittedly he was Pop Idol) and he still comes out top with 4 number ones. Though i think Girls Aloud probably trash that though i can't be bothered to count in my head :)

J.Mensah said...

ww_adh: I'm very happy... espcially after I had to listen to people for 4 months saying she'd never get a #1 again :/ ¬_¬

Paul: I actually did include Young but I took him out again cause it was easier to say X Factor contestants/winners than Reality show bla bla bla