Thursday, September 30, 2010

Best Albums of 2010, so far

I made this list back in June, but now I feel like I've listened to far more albums worthy of being on a Best of list rather compramising with a handful of lacklusters. Here's a quick run through (of course, subject to change at the end of the year):

1. Plan B - The Defamation of Strickland Banks
2. Delphic - Acolyte
3. Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid (Suites II & III)
4. Sade - Solider of Love
5. Hurts - Happiness
6. Brandon Flowers - Flamingo
7. Underwold - Barking
8. Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
9. Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite
10. The National - High Violet
11. Eliza Doolittle
12. Robyn - Body Talk, Pt. 1
13. Bombay Bicycle Club - Flaws
14. Kate Nash - My Best Friend is You

3 comments:

ww_adh said...

1. I like this album a lot, although it's nowhere close to #1 for me.

2. It's okay. Not a favorite.

3. Great album. Probably top 5 for me for the year.

4. Good album. Possibly in my top 10 so far.

5. Good album, although definitely not a top 10 for me.

6. If you read my review, you saw I was conflicted about this one. I like it, but don't love it. Definitely not a top 10 or even top 20 for me.

7. Don't know this one. Sounds interesting.

8. Is this really that good? The reviews have been lukewarm at best. I've actually avoided it.

9. Love it. Top 5 for me.

10. Adore it. Top 2.

11. I think you told me I should give her a try, but I haven't, apart from the singles.

12. This is good, although I actually like Part 2 better.

13. Don't know this one.

14. Kate Nash? For real?

J.Mensah said...

Yes Kate Nash! I think she's great!

Paul said...

i'm with you on 5,6,8,9,11. I'll get back to you on mine.