Thursday, October 21, 2010

Billboard Hot 100, October 30, 2010


1. Like a G6 - Far East Entertainment
3. Just a Dream - Nelly

Ending Bruno Mars' four week reign with "Just the Way You Are," is Far East Entertainment's "Like a G6" which rises a notch to the pinnacle of the Hot 100. They seem ike a one-hit-wonder to me. When Far East and Bruno Mars begin to lose steam, it seems rapper Nelly might have a chance to score a fifth chart topper with "Just a Dream" which stays bulleted at #3 this week.

4. Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna

Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)," last week's airplay gainer rises 4 spots up the chart this week, surging itself back into the top 5. It doesn't seem to be losing any steam in digital sales or airplay, could possibly be potential chart topper for Barbadian singer.

6. Back to December - Taylor Swift

It's a 7th debut in the top 10 and a third one this year, for Taylor Swift with her latest album cut release "Back to December." Look forward to the next album cut "Mean" to debut in the top 10 next week too, it's currently #1 on iTunes.

10. Bottoms Up - Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj

It's a 2nd top 10 single for R&B singer Trey Songz with "Bottoms Up." It's Nicki Minaj's first (If you exclude "BedRock").

11. Raise Your Glass - P!nk

P!nk roars up 40 spots up the chart just missing the top 10 with "Raise Your Glass" landing at #11, the lead single from the singer's forthcoming first greatest hits release Greatest Hit...So Far!!! I'm not sure whether it'll rise or not, but I saw sure this would be another #1 on the back of digital sales, the same way "So What" was.

7 comments:

ww_adh said...

What do you think of Like a G6? Think it will be released in the UK? (My guess is probably it will). By the way, it's "Far East Movement" not "Far East Entertainment."

J.Mensah said...

Of course it will! Novelty hits in the US normally transfer well in the UK don't they? Can't think of any examples. You weren't a fan of big before were you? Personally, I'm not too fussed by it.

J.Mensah said...

Of course it will! Novelty hits in the US normally transfer well in the UK don't they? Can't think of any examples. You weren't a fan of big before were you? Personally, I'm not too fussed by it.

rcLoy said...

I'm rooting for P!nk!!!! It's been a while I'm excited with her stuff, So What don't have much impact on me so Raise Your Glass should be #1!

J.Mensah said...

I'm rooting for her too! Are you gonna get her greatest hits?

rcLoy said...

It depends but I just realized that her stuff are pretty good, I'm just confused why I'm not a massive fan yet. LOL

J.Mensah said...

Her stuff is awesome, I think my favorite album of hers is between Mizunderztood (or however she spells it) and I'm Not Dead