Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Rolling Stone laud new Kanye West album

Rapper Kanye West nabs his second 5 star review from Rolling Stone for his upcoming fifth album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, out November 22. It's quite a remarkable feat for a hip-hop album these days as--in their words--"Nobody else is making music this daring and weird." They highlight a track called "Georgous" described as "spooky space funk," and singles "Power" and "Monster." The last time RS awarded a Kanye album 5 stars, was for 2005's widely acclaimed Late Registration. I can't wait to give this a listen, sounds very exciting. Check out its five different covers above--my favorites are the first and fourth ones. Sex and death just does it for me.

3 comments:

ww_adh said...

Awesome! This is great news.

rcLoy said...

After the half an hour long video of Runaway, I am seriously interested in this album too! XD

J.Mensah said...

I'm glad you liked it! I thought it was a bit self-indulgent myself but o'well!