Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blog Update

I apologize for the lack of activity on here lately. The Billboard Hot 100 update and my personal chart is hardly fulfilling, I know. I've had a quite a week--the last few very busy days of my 6 week internship and of course, the London Riots that reached its peak and erupted on Monday night. But by next Wednesday hopefully I'll be back to the usual batch of single review, album reviews etc.

Lately, I haven't really been listening to any new albums. Mainly because there haven't been any new releases that have interested me. I've mainly been listening to albums from earlier this year (Foo Fighters, Gaga and Adele mostly) and '90s classic oldies (Radiohead, Mariah, U2 and Nirvana).

However, I have purchased the new Jay-Z and Kanye West collaborative album, Watch the Throne, which I plan to make to listen to sometime next week and hopefully follow it up with a review. It's sad I'm not feeling any excitement for any forthcoming albums this month, it's rather bleak. The fourth installment in Lil Wayne's The Carter series is the biggest highlight I feel.

1 comment:

ww_adh said...

I feel similarly. It's been a dud summer for new albums, although I did enjoy the Beyonce album (more than you I think).