Thursday, November 10, 2011

Billboard Hot 100, November 19, 2011

1. We Found Love - Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris

Rihanna extends her reign at #1 with "We Found Love" to a second week, becoming this week's airplay gainer, with the single also rises 3 spots up to #4 on the radio songs tally. Last week, when "Love" nabbed Rihanna her 11th chart topper she became the seventh artist in Billboard history to score 11 #1's or more, following The Beatles, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Madonna, The Supremes and Whitney Houston.

2. Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO

Hot on Rihanna's heels is LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" which climbs a notch to #2. After the misfire of previous single "Champagne Shower," it's surprising the annoying duo have yet another poteintial #1 on their hands--following "Party Rock Anthem."

8. Good Feeling - Flo Rida

Clearly, Flo Rida isn't the chart monster her once was. It wasn't that long ago, Flo was topping the chart for multiple weeks with singles "Right Round" and "Low" and shifting 300k a week. Sure, his singles aren't hot property anymore, but he still can land the odd hit. This week his latest single "Good Feeling" climbs four spots up to #8, scoring his sixth top ten hit.

11. 5 O'Clock - T-Pain Featuring Wiz Khalifa and Lily Allen

Surely set for a top ten entry next week is T-Pain's "5 O'Clock" which climbs three spots up to #11. If this should enter the top ten next week, it will be British singer Lily Allen's first. C'mon!!!

12. It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
18. The One That Got Away - Katy Perry

This week's digital gainer is awarded to Bruno Mars who rises nine notches up to #12 with his latest single "It Will Rain" taken from the accompanying soundtrack to the forthcoming Twilight movie. Katy Perry continues to makes big strides with her latest single "The One That Got Away," the sixth released from her sophomore album Teenage Dream. This week it climbs 16 spots up to #18. It's both Perry and Mars' ninth top twenty single.

19. Super Bass- Nicki Minaj
20. Dance (A$$) - Big Sean Featuring Nicki Minaj
21. Fly - Nicki Minaj Featuring Rihanna

American rapper Nicki Minaj scores a chart triple this week. Her last single single "Super Bass" from her debut album Pink Friday, falls four spots to #19, while her latest feature on fellow American rapper Big Sean's new single "Dance (A$$)" (which is lyrically hilarious) climbs 10 spots up to #20. Whilst, her current single "Fly" featuring Rihanna climbs 1 notch to #21, scoring itself a new peak.

12 comments:

rcLoy said...

I am seriously diggin' the Rihanna + Calvin Harris collaboration. And I must say I really enjoy myself over LFMAO's Sexy and I Know It video as well.
BTW you having any excess Katy syndrome yet?

J.Mensah said...

I can't wait the Sexy and I Know It video, it makes me cringe lol. But credit to those guys, they're so shameless lol

Katy Syndrome? Like listening to too much of her music?

rcLoy said...

Seriously, she needs to go away, she's like the BEP for this year. Ugh :S

J.Mensah said...

Really? You wouldn't put that title on Rihanna? I like her but to say she (instead of Katy) was over exposed this year would be an understatement l, I think.

rcLoy said...

At least I find Rihanna's material is good enough for me to be constantly exposed by her. If you have good stuff, bring it on! Unlike her, she drives me nuts at time at why her single can easily reach #1 just like that. Ugh.

J.Mensah said...

You are so right! What do you think of You Da One?

rcLoy said...

Im actually listening to it now and I must say I kinda dig it. Da chorus stuck in my head for a while even after just a few listen, I seriously can't wait for her new stuff. LOL. You watched Katy's new video yet?

J.Mensah said...

I really love it! She just seems to do everything so perfectly these days although I'm a bit meh about the clips from Talk That Talk. As for Katy.., yeah, she makes a hot grandma

rcLoy said...

Glad we're on the same wavelength abt RiRi's new stuff. Too bad she don't write her own stuff or else I would definitely have more respect for her. LOL. She is a good popstar though. I like the new Katy video though, at least she's not trying to be kooky or OTT, she's no Gaga. Definitely. LOL

J.Mensah said...

I don't particular care if an artist writes their own musc, but I guess if they do they deserve that much more respect! ;) Have you heard Rihanna Talk That Talk clips?

rcLoy said...

Yay to artist who write their own stuff :)
Nope, don't plan to check it out, it hardly gives a right impression on the whole song if you can only hear the snippets, I do love Kylie's Aphrodite Megamix though. LOL. Anyway, was it good? awesome?

J.Mensah said...

A little disappointing, I thought... She's still as horny as ever though.